So for the month of April, the Hubz and I gave up eating meat and I went on a self imposed shopping ban (where I told myself I wouldn’t buy clothes, shoes, accessories or make up/cosmetics). The not-eating-meat bit was just to change up our diet and do a cleanse (or a fast per se) and the not shopping was just to practice some self restrain. We had numerous reasons to take this on, but it was really about discipline, challenging ourselves and trying something new. All in all it was a great experience, I would love to do it again (maybe we’ll make it a quarter annual exercise.
Some of the learnings I made during this process were:
1) Vegetarians/Vegans have to plan their dinning outings in advance!
2) It’s not easy to change something you take for granted
3) I appreciate my current wardrobe (shoes, accessories, clothes & purses) more
4) Self discipline = self realization
5) We need a new fruit/veggie blender (vitamix or some other overly priced juicer)
6) Whole and raw, is better than, over cooked and mashed to an oblivion
7) I can actually sprinkle chili flakes on my food (not sure what I was so afraid of), I like grapefruit and I learned how to pop popcorn in a pot
8) It might be time for a nail polish cleanse
9) Vegan is what I am when I don’t eat meat
10) How to bake without eggs
What I’m wearing: Spring Booties | Smart Set Shorts and Shirt | Talula Trooper Jacket